Friday, February 22, 2008

Friday Progress on Curly Mo Light

As promised, here's a progress shot of my Curly Mo Light jacket:

Curly Mo jacket1

Curly Mo jacket closeup

This is the one using Berroco Optik and the mystery mohair from Amsterdam. I really like the combination. And I'm at the "dreaded sleeve" point. Seems I abandon projects when I get to this point. Okay, not this time! Hah, beware, jacket, I may finish you yet!

I received my Loopy Ewe Swap package this week! All kinds of goodies, including a Branching Out scarf in LL Shepherd Sock Tahoe colorway. I LOVE the color!

Loopy Swap goodies

LL Shepherd Sock Tahoe

I haven't heard yet from my Swap partner, but I'll show my project anyway - I made Odessa out of Misty Mountain Farm Jubilee. The pooling was interesting!

Odessa

Odessa4

I call it "Worldly Odessa"

We are under a "winter weather warning" here today. Ice threatens. DH went in to work late and promises to watch the weather. Snow I can handle, ice - not so much. But it is kind of nice to take a "snow day" Sleep a little later, work in my PJs and not feel bad about it. I'm letting DD sleep in as well. She went to a Spice Girls concert last night. She's almost 16 and yeah, I know the Spice Girls are "so 80s" but she said it was awesome, and was home by 11:30, but I'm sure she still welcomed the opportunity to sleep in.

I plan to make myself a latte and knit in front of the fireplace and pretend there is a foot of snow outside!

2 comments:

Batty said...

That looks great! The curly yarn is fabulous, the Odessa pooling really is interesting (I love pooling), and... they make coffe syrup, huh? Yum.

Progress Lighting said...

I love the colores