Friday, June 27, 2008

Friday…

How does this happen?!

Friday just sneaks up on me. EVERY week!

And I ask myself… what DID you do all week?

Well…

Koigu KPPPM 829

This week I was at my sister's twice, Tuesday and Thursday evenings. Tuesday I wound up staying and takling with her when she got home at 9:30. I stayed til 12:15 am. We just talked and drank wine… well - she drank wine. I had one glass - had to drive home. It was so nice to just sit and talk to her.

Her husband is making more progress. He had another surgical procedure two weeks ago to repair a tear in the dura - membrane surrounding the brain - which he ruptured when he fell. They put his bone flap back in at this time as well. Hopefully to prevent another injury of this type, should he fall again. He was readmitted to Nat. Rehab Hospital and is being reassessed all over again. We had hoped he could be discharged to home this week, but it looks like a few more weeks now.

Wednesday, I took the morning off and did a long ride. My riding buddy and I rode to Georgetown, had coffee and stopped in to Stitch DC, looking for the Petal Tank pattern. No luck. I'll have to order it from WEBS, I guess. Then we rode around Hain's Point and stopped in Old Town Alexandria for lunch at Chipotle. Had to check Knit Happens for the pattern. Nope. It was a gorgeous day. A little hot, but a good 30 mile ride.

I started an Everlasting Bagstopper in pink Fibranatura Flax. I love how this stuff knits up. It's a little rough, and I'll wait and see if it softens up, but for the bag, it's perfect.

Everlasting Bagstopper/Flax

I'm heading to the mountains this weekend. A Mom's weekend away at a friend's house at Bryce Resort in VA. 6 ladies in a cabin in the woods. I plan to knit, read by the pool and drink wine and watch movies.

Oh, the windows came in. We are replacing all 20 windows in our 37 yr old house. BY OURSELVES. I think it's a good thing I am leaving DH home this weekend to do the first few windows without me "hovering". Wish him luck.

Can't wait!

Happy Knitting!

1 comment:

Batty said...

You've been busy! I love the pouch, and the pink bagstopper is looking great so far. I think you're going through a bag phase. : )